Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 4 reflections

Dear colleagues,
After having watched the video that I've posted, I saw that now- days it is not only a necessity, but also an obligation for teachers to get more knowledge and more training about using technology in class.

During this week I learned many things about how to enhance or improve reading, writing and vocabulary skills.
Especially in Krajka's and Liang's articles there are described very concretely the ways we can help our students to improve these skills and they also included very useful links.
I've already suggested my students some links from Liang's article where they can read different books and articles:  http://bikesters.com/; http://www.cyberkids.com/cw/mul/sydney/

The other thing that was very new for me, was the creation of a technology enhanced plan. While creating this plan, I saw that the lessons through technology can be transferred into something interesting. 


But, also by reading the lesson plans posted by other colleagues, I saw that even the most boring lesson can be fun and special for students.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Blerta,

    I have just found out that we have so much in common. It was also a new experience for me to create a technology enhanced lesson plan. I tried very hard, wrote, then read, then found something to add, and again had to reread.

    I feel very good that the course provides us with great tools using which we'll be able to create, teach and achieve our goals.

    Thank you for sharing with us.

    Keep up the good work!

    Elmira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blerta
    Nice post, and I agree reading the work of others not only helps you write a better lesson plan (or whatever the task is) but also opens your eyes to other teaching contexts. It has the ability to make us more rounded teachers.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blerta,

    Yes, you are right to say that it's our obligation to gain enough knowledge and training to make ourselves capable to walk with the pace of students because they are being smarter than the teachers these days and if we don't update ourselves, we'll lag behind.

    Have a great week!

    Deep, Nepal

    ReplyDelete